DescriptionIEEE-1394, also known as Firewire or iLink, is a versatile, high-speed, and low-cost method of interconnecting a variety of computer peripherals and consumer electronics devices. FireWire provides a direct digital link between up to 63 devices, with transfer speeds up to 400Mbs. Digital Video (DV) camcorders, scanners, printers, videoconferencing cameras, and fixed-disk drives can all share a common bus connection not only to a PC, but to each other as well. With Windows Me® or Apple's FireWire Target Disk Mode you can use an IEEE-1394 cable to connect two computers together to allow for file sharing.
IEEE-1394 Cables from Cables To Go provide you with the quality you need to achieve high-speed performance you expect from your IEEE-1394 devices. Designed to be 100% compatible with Apple Firewire®, Sony iLink®, and all other IEEE-1394 peripherals. Twisted pair cabling and shielded construction ensures Cables To Go's IEEE-1394 Cables meet or exceed current IEEE-1394 standards.
Use the 6-pin cable to provide power to devices, and the 4-pin for non-powered devices.
FireWireŽ and the FireWire symbol are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The FireWire logo is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. This product is not manufactured or endorsed by Apple Computer, Inc.
- Connectors: 6-pin Male to 4-pin Male
- Data Transfer Speeds: 100/200/400 Mbps
- Supports Plug n Play operation
- Hot Pluggable
- Molded strain relief protects ensures years of trouble-free data transmissions
- IEEE-1394-1995 compliant
- Application: Video presentation and editing, desktop and commerical publishing, document imaging, home multimedia, personal computing
- Designed for: Digital camcorders, scanners, printers, storage devices and other Firewire devices
- Compatibility: PC, Mac, Sun and other IEEE-1394 equipped computers